Saturday, January 14, 2012

All Text

There isn't a way to prove to someone that they can do it.
Convincing in an emotional situation leads to untrue decisions.
What are people saying?
The talk of specific instances are translated through,
making me feel predicted.
The last thing I'd hope to be.
Mimicking pasts with him, make me just another, 
instead of "her". 
I should have fought harder. 
Been stronger. 
Because here I am, thinking I'm the different one,
when all other eyes see me as just the next.
..And as much as I'd love to not believe them, 
try to "prove them wrong",
I'm just in denial to myself, about something that will not change.
I hate when I am defeated.
Not because of the competition, yet knowing I can't,
anymore. 
"I'm glad you didn't..." 
False embraces, curdled cream, and balancing ribbon beneath a nail.
"...But I did."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment