Monday, April 22, 2013

I've lost

When I started college, I had so much ambitious drive. 
I would long for the day I could prove myself in this world. 
I knew exactly what I wanted and how I would get there... I just had to finish college first. 
My parents always told me that education is the most important thing. 
I understand and believe this too, in a sense.
That everyday running drive I had has faded into a hum of 'What am I doing?'
The greatest that could have come from pursuing that feeling might have been grand, grander than the accomplishments yet to come of me. 
I'm expected. 
Every hour I think about how I will overcome obstacles, and the most realistic way. 
I want to turn these dreams into reality, but I haven't got the passion I used to have. 
Being young and trying to prove yourself in an adult world is tough, but I'm sad with myself that I gave in.  
You'll hear more from me, this isn't my end. I just wonder what could have been. 
And everlasting at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment